As seen on triplux.com:
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Inspiration: Seen on triplux (by way of a mention by Gwen), it seems like the perfect way to set some real goals, hopes, and dreams for my life all with a running clock. I'm not good with lists but creating something like this with a constant reminder of what I'm not doing should be an excellent motivator.
About this site: I've broken the list down into 5 major categories but maintained their order. To the left, you'll get tidbits about some of the things I'm currently working on. Right now it features the multimedia tasks. I'm still debating on whether to put lists of the films, movies, etc. that I've completed over there or not. Also, please note that the Rough Guide (unheard) is not a complete list.
Start Date: 08.01.04
Deadline: 04.29.07 (a Sunday)
Tasks completed: 25
2. Lose 30 Pounds.
3. Lower my blood pressure.
4. Make LA Public Transportation my main mode of travel for a month.
5. Run a 5 or 10k race for charity 8 weekends in a row.
10. Start a retirement Fund.
13. Learn enough Spanish to be able to watch Como Agua Para Chocolate without subtitles.
14. Start taking ASL classes again.
15. Find a charity to support and volunteer at least 2 hours of my time to it weekly.
16. Write a letter to my local representative to state government about their record.
17. Write a letter to my federal representative about their record. (completed 09.04)
18. Write a letter to my state senators about their record.
19. Attend a town hall meeting.
20. Trace the geneology on my mother's side of the family as far back as I can.
21. Find out who my biological father is. (completed 11.20.04)
25. Bike to and from work.
44. Define my political ideology. (completed on 08.07.04)
54. Save 5 dollars a day.
55. Cook all my meals for a week (i.e. No fast or restaurant food) (completed 02.12.05 - 02.19.05)
61. Have no facial hair for a month. (completed 06.01.05)
68. Play pick-up ball every saturday for a month.
75. Re-connect with an old friend from college. (completed on 03.21.05)
77. Do 100 sit-ups straight.
78. Do 50 push-ups straight.
79. Wear contacts for at least a month. (completed 06.30.05)
81. Get a manicure.
82. Get a pedicure.
83. Get a professional massage.
87. Spend a weekend with just me and my dad.
88. Attend services at a different church, synagogue, temple and mosque over the course of a month.
89. Write a letter to the editor to a newspaper or magazine about an issue that touches me.
93. Pay all my bills on time for a month. (completed 09.04 and still continues...)
94. Balance my checkbook. (completed 06.30.05)
98.Send handwritten letters to someone every day for a month.
1. Attend SXSW. (completed 03.10.05 - 03.17.05)
31. Take a photography class.
32. Get my story, The Lonely Little Wonton, illustrated.
33. Pursue publishing the story in book form.
34. Write The Lonely Little Wonton and the Church of Chicken.
64. Add sections to negroplease.com to make it more than my diary. Include resume, a professional bio and a section for my freelance writing and online projects. (Completed on 05.29.05)
76. Enter a short story contest.
90. Take a screenwriting class.
95. Teach myself Final Cut Pro.
27. Get an Apple Cinema Display. (completed 09.06.04)
35. Paint the walls of my apartment.
36. Replace the patio and window screens in my apartment.
37. Fix the toilet paper holder in my bathroom. (completed on 10.17.04)
38. Buy more bookcases. (completed on 10.16.04. Built on 10.22.04)
39. Create better storage for my comic books and magazines. (completed on 03.27.05)
42.Get a case for all my displayable toys.
43. Buy some original artwork.
47. Fix my window blinds.
51. Go wireless in my apartment.
62. Buy new living room furniture.
6. Listen to every album in Rough Guides 100 Essential Soul Albums.
28. Own every Spike Lee film on my top 100 films list on DVD.
29. Watch the entirety of Twin Peaks on DVD.
30. Watch all available seasons of Homicide: Life On the Street on DVD. (completed on 11.12.04)
57. Compile a personal top 100 films list. (completed on 06.26.05 - but forever a work in progress)
58. Compile a personal top 100 albums list.
59. Own the top 25 films on my top 100 films list.
65. Take pictures of all my friends and family.
66. Make a photo diary of a Coachella Music Festival weekend (completed 05.05.05).
67. Create a photo wall in my apartment with framed photos of friends and family.
70. Go to a music festival outside of California. (completed 03.16.05 - 03.17.05)
71. Read several books about Robert F. Kennedy.
72. Buy a new record player.
73. Learn the basics of turntablism.
74. Do a live DJ set at a public venue.
84. See all 40 films on Greencine's Best Documentaries on DVD list.
85. See about.com's 10 best Anime Films on DVD.
86. Read the books in Stephen King's Dark Tower Series that I haven't yet. (completed 02.05)
7. Attend Michelle & B's Celebration.
8. Take a trip to South America.
9. Take a trip to Canada.
11. See New York in Fall. (completed 11.21.04 - 11.28.04)
12. Play Texas Hold 'Em at a casino table in Vegas.
22. Get A grades on every song on Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix.
23. Sing Girl, You Know It's True by Milli Vanilli at a Karaoke Bar.
24. Perform comedy at an amateur night.
26. Get the Sidekick II when it's released. (completed on 09.21.04)
40. Learn how to mix a specialty drink (probably the starfucker martini but maybe the adios motherfucker).
41.Throw a theme party.
45. Have sex in a 4 star hotel room.
46. Have sex in a sleazy motel room.
48. Go to a live horse race.
49. Bet on some horses.
50. Let Colin teach me how to golf.
52. Complete the upcoming Legend of Zelda game without a FAQ or guide.
53. Stay out in Los Angeles until the Sun comes up and take pictures.
56. Join LACMA and attend every gallery exhibit for a year.
60. Meet someone in person from another city that I first met through blogging. (completed 08.04)
63. Create a website for this project. (completed on 12.27.04)
69. See a professional boxing match.
80. Throw a dinner party.
91. Learn a magic trick.
92. Learn a card trick.
96. Attend a professional Tennis Tournament.
97. See Shaquille O'Neal play live as a member of the Miami Heat. (completed 01.05)
99. Attend Erotica LA.
100. Attend Comic-Con.
101. Go see bands I've never seen live before every day for a week.